Air is the name given to atmosphere used in breathing and photosynthesis. Dry air contains roughly (by volume) 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases. Air also contains a variable amount of water vapor, on average around 1%. While air content and atmospheric pressure vary at different layers, air suitable for the survival of terrestrial plants and terrestrial animals is currently only known to be found in Earth's troposphere and artificial atmospheres.
- 84 % of all Union Member species need some combination of Nitrogen and Oxygen to breath and live.
- 11 % are Methane Breathers
- 4% are Water breathers or otherwise Anerobic
- 1% does not need any particular Atmosphere
- (It is estimated that 99 % of all Galactic Council Species need Nitroen oxigen based atmospheres)
- The Shiss are NiOx breathers and so are the Nul