- an institution of higher learning, especially one providing a general or liberal arts education rather than technical or professional training.
- a constituent unit of a university, furnishing courses of instruction in the liberal arts and sciences, usually leading to a bachelor's degree.
- an institution for vocational, technical, or professional instruction, as in medicine, pharmacy, agriculture, or music, often a part of a university.
- an endowed, self-governing association of scholars incorporated within a university, as at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge in England.
- a similar corporation outside a university.
- the building or buildings occupied by an institution of higher education.
- the staff, faculty, and students of a college.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.