Author of the Galactic Chronicles Series
Writing, the written word and reading are as important to me as air and food
I am truly thankful that you came to this site to learn more about me and perhaps even read some of my stories because I am a writer. (Now you could argue about the quality of my writing and I certainly won't disagree if you call me the worst hack you ever came across, but I am a writer) Let's face it writers, or well maybe just this one is most comfortable all by myself at a quiet place with all the surroundings just right and write. But as much as a writer likes to be left alone when writing it is a useless waste of time, when no one else reads what you wrote.
Much like an actor needs an audience, a writer needs readers. The best way to get to know me, other than actually meeting, is to read my stories. I am to be found in all my characters the good and the bad.
Anyone's critique and suggestions will be taken as such. I am never hurt by words or feel insulted. I will take your critique as it is meant, constructive. To help me become a better Writer and hopefully one day a Writer that actually has readers.
Some background info
- I have a German mother and had an American father.
- I grew up in Germany, Texas, and Alaska.
- I went to school in Switzerland , Heidelberg, Fairbanks, and Houston.
- I studied Physics in Germany,
- I participated with an Opel in a Paris Dakkar Rally Dakkar Rally and a Camel Trophy Rally in South America
- was one of the first female apprentices at Heckler & Koch to become a journeyman Gunsmith (Buechsenmacher )
- I served with the United States Marine Corps.
- I have a pilots license and fly both fixed-wing and rotary craft
- I love sky diving , scuba divin g and I go bow hunting
- I love horses and rode in rodeos and real cattle roundups
- My greatest hobby and expertise always have been guns.
- I smoke Camel and don't apologize for it.
- I never did drugs, and drink alcohol only occasionally. But I drink Coffee, even for dinner
- I am a decent fencer and know how to use swords
- I drove a Tow Truck in Seattle and a Peterbilt big rig (Flatbed)
- Went to the AFI (American Film Institute) to become a Production Designer
- I visited every continent including the Southpole
- I opened my own company in Los Angeles, providingSpecial Effects to the motion picture industry
- I own a real-life Tiger named Trouble
- I have a ranch
- I am fascinated by masks and disguises
- I am a die hard Star Trek fan (TOS)
- Read and collect DC and Marvel comics since the seventies and I think I know pretty much every superhero, their story of origin, secret identities
- My favorite reads are SF stories. Heinlein is my most favorite author of them all.
- I read everything, romance, SF, Fantasy, crime and mystery, horror and suspense, and everything in between.
- I love reading encyclopedias, from A to Z
- I am known to be a decent cook and love food, except Peas and Bananas
- The one thing I am truly afraid of is crowds, especially large crowds of people inside a confined room. I witnessed a human stampede when I was little and a girl was trampled to death.
Well, that is of course only a glimpse into my life but it might give some insights into the characters of my stories.ds